Visual Designer, NPM
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
As the Visual Designer on the NPM Creative team, you will be an integral part of an innovative team that is dedicated to creating and developing custom sponsorship recognition across NPR’s digital properties. This role is responsible for producing custom creative for clients, contributing to product design for new sponsorship opportunities and creating sales materials to market our products. In this role, you will be encouraged to contribute ideas to iterating on our product offerings and to experiment with new ideas.
• Design and build custom creative for NPR’s premium sponsors
• Create elegant sponsorship solution that provide value to sponsors and fit with the NPR Digital experience across platforms
• Work with NPR product and interaction designers to incorporate sponsorship into existing and new digital products
• Work with sales and marketing team members to create collateral materials, demonstration materials and custom sponsorship elements.
• Create templates and design documentation for all new sponsorship products.
• Be a tireless advocate for the user experience
• Work in a highly efficient, interactive design process using minimal documentation to support your vision.
• 3-4 years of experience as a professional visual designer or equivalent practical experience
• Fluent in all things digital design, including Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, HTML5, CSS3, accessibility and cross-platform compatibility best practices
• Ability to prototype design ideas in HTML to convey concepts
• Ability to disseminate and work within existing style guidelines
• Thorough knowledge of user-centered design principles, traditional design principles, and understanding of visual and interactive design trends
• Knowledge and opinions of the digital advertising space
• Ability to consume and apply feedback with professionalism
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor
• Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories)
• Experience working in an agile project methodology
• Proven track record of designing and shipping successful products and services
• Skilled at digital prototyping
• Have mastery of existing and new prototyping methods
• Have an active curiosity for emerging technologies, and contribute relevant findings back to the team
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.