Vice President, Corporate Sponsorships
NPRCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR has been a leader in audio journalism for nearly 50 years. With 120 million monthly listeners, NPR delivers award-winning programming on the radio, via podcasts, online, through live events and on emerging platforms like smart speakers and the NPR One app. And NPR delivers excellence with the #1 and #2 drivetime radio programs and 8 of the top 10 podcasts according to Podtrac’s podcast industry ranker.
In partnership with 1000 independent public radio stations across the nation, NPR reaches an audience that values information and the world around them. NPR’s award winning journalism and diverse line up of programs, help NPR be a part of people’s lives, and a part of the culture. In 2019, NPR was named News Service Brand of the Year and Most Loved on the Harris Poll EquiTrend® Study. Every day, NPR and member stations impact millions worldwide and NPR’s Corporate Sponsorship team helps fuel that mission through critical corporate support.
The NPR Corporate Sponsorship team is a nationwide team focused on delivering customized NPR sponsorship plans to clients that meet their needs deliver results. The teams responsible for designated geographic territories are located in New York, Washington, DC, Chicago and Los Angeles and are comprised of managers, representatives and coordinators as well as teams performing Marketing and Operations functions. The VP, Corporate Sponsorships will serve a key role on the corporate leadership team. The ideal candidate for this position is a media sponsorship sales veteran with a background in audio, great client and agency relationships and a successful track record in managing teams.
• Oversee account executives and sponsorship coordinators in NPR’s offices in Los Angeles.
• Deliver revenue goals by platform (digital and broadcast) and deliver against Management Business Objectives prescribed by SVP Corporate Sponsorship.
• Create revenue goals and account lists for every Account Representative
• Work with Account Reps in formulating strategies to achieve goals and be present for a certain amount of in person meetings, including travel.
• Provide each member of the team a formal annual review and Account Reps have bi-annual account reviews to ensure that they are taking the right strategic approach to closing business, and performing to plan.
• Participate in NPM Management and Corporate Sponsorship strategy sessions
• Attend internal meetings regarding programming, marketing and operations issues
• Help to foster strong relationships with Clients and agencies.
• Cultivate relationship across departments within NPM and NPR to increase and enhance collaboration leading to increased revenue
• Collaborate with NPM Marketing to strategize on go-to-market trade marketing, sponsorship package development, and inbound lead management and reporting
• Provide visible leadership and communications to the market via meetings, attending conferences and industry events.
• Represent NPM and NPR Corporate Sponsorships to outside producers and program partners.
• Drive new business across platforms
• Create an atmosphere that is innovative, respectful, goal oriented and ambitious.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 years management and/or leadership experience in advertising sales in broadcast and/or digital media.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required
• Planning and directing team meetings
• Management of sales team
• Strategic thinking
• Negotiation skills
• Data interpretation
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.