Vice President, Corporate Sponsorship
NPRCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs and platforms as well as NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
The NPR Corporate Sponsorship team is a nationwide team focused on delivering customized NPR sponsorship plans to clients tailored to their needs and built for success for both NPR and our sponsors. The teams responsible for designated geographic territories are located in New York, Washington, DC, Chicago and Los Angeles and are comprised of managers, representatives and coordinators as well as teams performing Marketing and Operations functions.
• Oversee account executives and sponsorship coordinators in NPR’s offices in Los Angeles.
• Deliver revenue goals by platform (digital and broadcast) and deliver against MBOs prescribed by SVP Corporate Sponsorship.
• Create revenue goals and account lists for every Account Executive
• Work with Account Execs in formulating strategies to achieve goals and be present for a certain amount on in person meetings, including travel.
• Provide each member of the team a formal annual review and Account Execs have bi-annual account reviews to ensure that they are taking the right strategic approach to closing business, and performing to plan.
• Participate in NPM Management and Corporate Sponsorship strategy sessions
• Attend internal meetings regarding programming, marketing and operations issues
• Help to foster strong relationships with Clients and agencies.
• Cultivate relationship across departments within NPM and NPR to increase and enhance collaboration leading to increased revenue
• Work with NPM Marketing to develop materials and sponsorship materials for team
• Provide visible leadership and communications to the market via meetings, attending conferences and industry events.
• Build senior level client and agency relationships
• Represent NPM and NPR Corporate Sponsorships to outside producers and program partners.
• Drive new business across platforms
• Create an atmosphere that is Innovative, respectful, goal oriented and ambitious.
Minimum of 10 years experience of management and/or leadership in advertising sales in broadcast and/or digital media.
Minimum education experience, required or preferred. (Ex: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience) Bachelor’s Degree
• Plan, organize and direct team meetings
• Management of sales team
• Think strategically
• Negotiate with customers
• Interpret data
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.