Ultipro HRIS Manager
Full Time Job
The HRIS Manager oversees the human resources management system (HRMS) in addition to other HR systems. This role is integral to the HR strategy as an enabler of excellence in execution of workplace processes. The HRIS Manager works closely with stakeholders in HR and IT and oversees the activities of the HRIS Analyst. This position reports to the Director of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS.
Essential functions include:
• Oversees department functions of the human resources information management systems including Ultipro, Kronos, Eforms, Goalie, etc.
• Provide training and oversight of HRIS Analyst with respect to maintaining and facilitating best practices and strengthening knowledge base and development of HRIS Analyst.
• Act as the subject matter expert in marrying technology with workflow best practices
• Develop the HRIS roadmap to proactively address business needs including a review of opportunities for longterm system improvements
• Determine and identify the right system fit for specific employee data and interfaces
• Provide support for HRIS including but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
• Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; develop and administer standard reports, i.e. build standard dashboards and set up predictive analytics.
• Maintain set up of, and periodically review functionality of Workflow Configuration to ensure proper data flow within system.
• Help maintain data integrity in all systems by running queries and analyzing data.
• Manage and design the mapping of all HRIS tables and Ultipro Set Up to ensure accurate data capture that promotes prudent compliance and enables comprehensive reporting.
• Review external systems (Eforms,Kronos, Goalie)/Ultipro in collaboration with IT to ensure proper HRIS data entry functions are available (job codes/reason codes/approvals) and flowing properly between systems.
• Ensure accurate documentation process manuals are designed and updated for all HRIS workflows and end users.
• Develop and maintain user friendly procedures, guidelines and documentation.
• Train staff and new system users on new processes/functionality updates.
• Leads the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades.
• Collaborate with IT as needed.
• Collaborate with other HRIS users (Payroll, Finance, Recruiters, Trainers, C&B) to ensure integrity of HRIS.
• Advise management on organization policy matters related to HRIS.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters and various federal requirements.
• Continously increases knowledge through classes, reading and other mechanisms. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in HRIS role with increasing responsibility.
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
• Ultipro Experience (CoreHR/Payroll, Recruiting, Onboarding, Business Intelligence, Benefits Open Enrollment and Life Events, Workflow Configuration).
• Kronos Experience preferred
• Knowledge of SQL a plus.
• Experience working in union environment
• Critical Evaluation and complex problem solving skills
• Report writing experience, preferably Cognos
• Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
• Ability multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Passionate about customer service.
• Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel)
• Communicates effectively to convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Instills trust by gaining confidence of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
• Collaborates by building partnerships with others to meet shared objectives.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Self-motivated, resourceful, proactive, and collaborative team player.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.