Technical Program Manager - Grant Funded
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will be expected to implement best practices for project execution, and to be able to initiate, plan and execute critical large-scale, cross-functional programs. You should have outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and technical skills, and be able to execute and deliver successfully while working across functional lines.
• Define, scope and track technical launch plan and standard operating procedures that can scale to hundreds of ongoing migrations
• Work directly with individual stations to coordinate logistics and implement their technical data migration and launch plans
• Partner with project manager/scrum master to create, monitor and share progress tracking/burndown charts against divisional OKRs; manage cross-team and cross-project dependencies; ensure forward momentum with project execution
• Work closely with technology teams (both internal and vendor-based) to create and implement plans for application releases/updates, data migrations, and site stability/performance improvements
• Work closely with technology teams to coordinate and deploy features to production, coordinate ongoing releases, and to scale the system
• Provide regular updates to leadership on project execution and migration plan progress; notifies leadership when the plan will slip in advance and lead efforts to resolve blockers and establish appropriate resolution paths
• Oversee project resource planning
• Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, and learning; mentor teams in best practices for planning and execution
• Lead efforts to proactively identify and remove blockers, including cross-departmental impediments
EDUCATION: B.S./B.A. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• 3 years of full time program management experience within a technical department
• Experience with an enterprise-level and/or large scale software migration
• 6 months of experience in Agile methodology in an enterprise-level organization
• Mastery of Lean methodology and practices across multiple development teams
• Strong practical and theoretical understanding of lifecycle management for large-scale programs and projects
• Experience with metrics-based project tracking and delivery projection
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.