Full Time Job
As a member of the NPR Campaign team, the Stewardship Coordinator provides project coordination and support to the Director of Stewardship and other projects of the NPR Campaign team as needed.
• Assist the Director and Senior Associate in implementing and managing a comprehensive stewardship plan for NPR Development
• Assist the Director and Senior Associate in creating and executing annual fundraising strategies and appeals
• Manage and execute the gift acknowledgement process, including updating materials quarterly, maintaining standard operating procedures and creating or amending any policies and procedures
• Support the Director of Stewardship in the planning and/or execution of stewardship experiences and strategy, volunteer engagement, and special donor events
• Work with the Operations team to coordinate the pull of mailing lists, ensure accurate donor acknowledgement and prepare data reports and other analytical materials to inform and/or evaluate annual fund and stewardship activities
• Partner with the Writing and Communications team to coordinate the design and development of annual fund appeals and other stewardship materials
• Ensure the Stewardship team maintains open channels of communication with all relevant Development divisions and teams
• Gather and curate information for stewardship materials, including donor profiles, naming and recognition brochures, impact reports, newsletter and website updates, and other projects as defined by the Director of Stewardship and Executive Director of Campaign
• Maintain the annual calendar of stewardship touches and annual appeals and update all relevant donor information promptly in the donor database to ensure accuracy
• Assist in coordinating donor tours of NPR for all of NPR Development
• Act as first line of communication for donor inquiries and questions
• Assist Director and Executive Director in travel schedule and logistics (including flights, hotels, and expense reimbursements) and schedule team meetings.
• Exemplify fundraising best practices and a high-level of ethics in all activities
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Minimum of two years of related work experience, preferably in development.
• Basic knowledge of the donor cycle and fundraising process
• An entrepreneurial spirit and strong appetite to work in a developing philanthropic environment with lots of potential
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, to set and adjust priorities, and work under pressure while maintaining composure and a sense of humor
• Ability to interact professionally with trustees, major donors, and senior staff with poise and discretion.
• Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the internal workings of NPR, as well as the technology tools available to the Development office, including the fundraising database system, Raisers Edge, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must understand and appreciate NPR’s mission.
• DC based or willingness to relocate to the DC metro area
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex.