Station Support Manager, Platforms
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR’s Member Partnership team is responsible for supporting the overall business and strategic relationship with NPR’s network of 250 local news organizations, content creators and radio stations. The team works with all divisions at NPR to develop and communicate best practices, solutions and strategies for growing audience and revenue for public media.
As a team, we are committed to advancing NPR’s organization-wide equity transformation, and to motivating NPR’s network partners to incorporate equity into their work. We strive to consistently bring a high level of empathy to our work and our interactions with both our internal and network colleagues, and we actively seek feedback and guidance from each other.
As the Station Support Manager - Platforms, you will provide technical support and guidance to Member station partners as they navigate the Digital Network, with a focus on the integrations that connect and measure the network. This includes product communication, account configuration and setup, training, and support.
You will build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, including radio and television station digital media teams.
• Thoroughly learn, use and understand the products and services that make up the Digital Network.
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on your assigned products, and the ways in which NPR Member stations use them. This platform portfolio focuses on analytics, the API, and feeds of information that connect and measure the network’s various platforms.
• Manage support for the platforms and integrations while also providing backup support for the other products within the digital network. This is done primarily via Salesforce Studio & Community, email, and video chat.
• Coordinate and participate, on a rotating basis, in after-hours escalation of emergency support to vendors or product owners.
• Maintain positive and productive relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism; advise partners on best practices to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and resolve issues within accepted service levels. Track issues, identify trends and communicate those with peers and management
• Represent and advocate for Member station needs and goals within stakeholder meetings and product roadmap reviews.
• Manage the setup and rollout for new products. Track progress, help clients configure services, and answer questions.
• Assist with key product communications and outage alerts sent via the Salesforce Marketing Cloud system. Build and send email alerts, and assist in on-going list maintenance.
• Train station clients on software via phone, webinars, screen-casts, etc. Write guides, FAQs and other training materials.
• Provide supervision and guidance to Associates who provide support to these areas of work
• Maintain Salesforce Studio knowledge-base content related to your product areas. Add and edit how-to articles to ensure a high-quality self-service support experience.
• Work with communications/marketing/engagement staff around messaging of product features, usage, and best practices; e.g., blog posts around best practices, tweets.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years working in any of a variety of roles with digital products or SaaS.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is the desire to help others.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple projects; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Excellent project management skills required. Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Previous experience with the following is a major plus
• Analytics and reporting
• Understanding of and appreciation for the Public Broadcasting Industry.
• Technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience.
• Previous experience with any of these technologies and software is also a major plus:
• Analytics, especially Google Analytics
• Feeds, e.g. Podcast and RSS
• CRM, e.g. Salesforce.com
• Support tickets, e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce
• Email, e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• CMS, e.g. WordPress or Drupal
• HTML and CSS
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.