Station Support Associate
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR’s Member Partnership team is responsible for supporting the overall business and strategic relationship with NPR’s network of 250 local news organizations, content creators and radio stations. The team works with all divisions at NPR to develop and communicate best practices, solutions and strategies for growing audience and revenue for public media.
As a team, we are committed to advancing NPR’s organization-wide equity transformation, and to motivating NPR’s network partners to incorporate equity into their work. We strive to consistently bring a high level of empathy to our work and our interactions with both our internal and network colleagues, and we actively seek feedback and guidance from each other.
As the Station Support Associate, you will become an expert in how Member stations engage with the Station Digital Network. You will assist with the ongoing training and support processes for all digital products and services. This includes account configuration and set-up, basic training, and technical support.
You will be part of a team that will build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, including radio and television station interactive media teams -- Digital Directors and practitioners, Development/Marketing Directors, Digital News Staff, and others.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the products and services that make up the Digital Network including, but not limited to, a content management system, pledge form manager and analytics.
• Provide assistance and technical support to stations participating in the Digital Network, including configuration, setup, training, and support, primarily via Salesforce.
• Resolve and escalate issues within accepted service levels.
• Track issues and feedback; identify and communicate trends internally.
• On a rotating basis, participate in after-hours emergency support, escalating issues to vendors or product owners.
• Maintain positive and productive relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism; advise partners on best practices to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Represent Member station needs and goals in internal stakeholder meetings.
• Assist with key product communications and outage alerts.
• Keep up with trends in public media and the public radio digital network.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 years working in any of a variety of roles with digital products or SaaS, preferably within support, project management, or technical writing.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is the desire to help others.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple projects; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Previous experience with the following is a major plus
• Digital marketing or digital fundraising
• Understanding of and appreciation for the public media industry.
• Technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience.
• Previous experience with any of these technologies and software:
• Help desk software
• Email marketing
• Ad servers
• HTML and CSS
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.