Station Support Associate- Grant Funded
Full Time Job
The station support team supports a suite of products and services managed at NPR and designed to help amplify the digital presence of stations nationwide. We value integrity, humor, and a love of learning, and we approach our work with trust, respect, and a professional commitment to meet the challenges of our shared business needs.
The Station Support Associate serves as the primary point of contact for public media stations using the new public CMS platform, Grove. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring successful use and adoption of the Grove CMS by stations, who opt to migrate to this platform across public media. This includes managing all station requests including Grove general questions, best practice guidance, configuration and workflow guidance, data correction, and bugs and feature requests.
You will be part of a team that builds and sustains cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, particularly radio and television station interactive media teams, to ensure their successful migration to, and adoption of, Grove.
• Serve as subject matter expert regarding Grove by thoroughly learning, using and understanding the technical details of the Grove CMS platform
• Manage resolution of technical issues for Grove primarily via Salesforce Service Cloud,. via standard response times, with courteous communication and responsive follow through.
• Promote regular and consistent communications between stations and internal groups including peers, digital online tech, engineering, product and management.
• Contribute to Grove online knowledge base and overall support processes.
• Provide regular updates on issues and trends, communicating those with peers and management.
• Developing and maintaining productive relationships with station team members to help maximize the value of Grove and its integration with other NPR products and services.
• Supporting members of the NPR Member Partnership team as needed in strategy-based discussion with station team members to increase their understanding of how Grove and related NPR products will meet their needs.
• Providing status updates and communicating with internal stakeholders.
• Sharing best practices internally as appropriate and contributing to internal and external knowledge-bases.
• Willingness to provide occasional after-hours support via “pager” alert system and to possibly work shifts to serve clients in other time zones
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
2-4 years of online or software experience, preferably within CMS applications, web or software project management, or technical writing.
The Station Support Associate for Grove will bring the following skills and characteristics to the position:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is a strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required. Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple tasks; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the public media broadcasting industry is a plus.
• Intermedia HTML and CSS knowledge required; advanced knowledge preferred.
• Previous technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with and interest in digital journalism is preferred.
• Experience working with the following is preferred:
• Content management systems (CMS)
• Data analytics, such as Google Analytics
• Salesforce.com or similar CRM
• Support ticket systems, such as Desk or Salesforce
• E-Commerce or Online Fundraising Forms
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.