NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Staff Accountant, NPM
NPM is seeking a Staff Accountant who will specialize in collections of accounts receivable and assist in monthly billing of Spot Radio and TV. This Staff Accountant will join the small NPM Finance team based out of our New York office, and will assist with securing payments of spot radio and television revenue across three regional divisions.
This position functions as an important bridge between NPM’s Spot Sales Team, Spot Team Coordinators and Ops Team for digital. Due to the outward facing nature of this position, ideal candidates will have strong customer service and communication skills, in addition to a thorough understanding of the ins and outs of accounts receivable. Candidates should also have intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, and a solid understanding of how to manipulate and present large sets of data.
• Oversee collections for Spot Radio and Television receivables balances around $1m.
• Conduct credit evaluations for potential clients.
• Identify cash receipts via lockbox scans and bank statements.
• Create and maintain custom payment plans for agencies and sponsors.
• Identifying and resolving billing discrepancies with NPM Sales and partner stations.
• Maintain ongoing risk analysis of current customers to assess and prevent write offs.
• Provide weekly reports showing outstanding accounts receivable for all NPM revenue lines.
• Provide ad hoc analysis at a customer and agency level.
• Work with Billing Specialist with monthly NPM Spot Radio and TV billing and reconciliation.
• Collecting affidavits; Strata Billing
• Maintain monthly station digital chargebacks and reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business field, or equivalent experience required.
• Prior experience or understanding of Accounts Receivable / Cash Receipt / Billing processes.
• Intermediate knowledge of excel
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills across teams and externally.
• Interest in improving and optimizing processes; an idea person.
• Well organized and detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Quick to learn, but ready to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
• 2yrs of working experience