Sr. Product Manager
Full Time Job
As part of the NPR Digital Media team, you will be responsible for driving the business intelligence and data visualization products across the NPR product portfolio. The focus for this role is a holistic one to ensure that NPR provides the best possible products and services, in partnership with our Member Stations, to create a more informed public and reach them wherever they are.
In this role, you will be expected to work closely with design to lead the research, discovery, prioritization and roadmap process for a set of features and functionality that drive reader and listener engagement, encourage membership and help our customers get the most out of their NPR digital experience. You will work closely with peers in design, technology, project management and the newsroom to set priorities and ensure a smart, ambitious product vision.
• Reports directly to the Director Product Management - Publisher and collaborates with all digital leadership to establish priorities and develop a strategy for NPR data platform and data visualization products.
• Own the overall product plan and roadmap.
• Iterate with design and insights teams on research and market analysis to integrate new and innovate product requirements into roadmap that enhance user satisfaction
• Partner with the entire build team (design, engineering, product) to establish requirements that deliver the best possible user experience.
• Collaborate with NPR’s business, editorial, operations, member partnership and project management teams to ensure that all new opportunities are evaluated, tested and rolled out together.
• Define metrics and systems to track product performance. Clearly communicate performance and use data to evaluate and prioritize roadmap.
• Engage with NPR and member station users regularly to maintain expert level understanding of their business and data visualization needs and how NPR’s digital platform can solve for them while engaging with and delivering value to all.
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration and inclusion across all disciplines.
What We Are Looking For
• Excellent customer experience intuition - demonstrated success in creating innovative, user-friendly websites and/or mobile applications.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills – extreme comfort with data-driven decision making and performing financial and operational analysis.
• Implementation proficiency – ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements.
• Excellent communication skills - demonstrated success for building buy-in for innovative and bold product vision.
• Technical aptitude - ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• 3 years experience in product management with experience launching data products or machine learning platforms a plus.
• Experience working with SQL, business intelligence tools (i.e BigQuery, Mode, MySQL, etc.) and building data infrastructure to support B2B or B2C products.
• Experience working with remote and agile enabled teams.
• Experience with global consumer digital platforms strongly desired.
• Fluent with the challenges facing journalism organizations in the digital media space.
• Passion for public media’s digital future.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.