Software Engineer- Temporary
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2020 6:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Software Engineer- Temporary jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Software Engineer- Temporary postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Engineer- Temporary? OVERVIEW
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Each month, 21.8M people listen to NPR podcasts — and on average, they're listening to five NPR podcasts. We are looking for an experienced, talented and knowledgeable software engineer to help us build publishing and distribution tools for the future of NPR podcasts. This individual will join a cross-functional Scrum team consisting of other software engineers, a product manager, designer, QA engineer, and Scrum Master who are working on these projects.
A day in the life of a Software Engineer:
Each day you will work with a cross-functional team of brilliant professionals combining business, design/user experience and engineering expertise, working relentlessly to push the boundaries of what’s possible, paving the road for the future of news and entertainment media.
Our team has a passion for Agile development and continuous improvement. We are diverse, lifelong learners and read omnivorously, regularly listen to Tiny Desk Concerts, tell coding jokes, have off-site happy hours, and optionally present at conferences. Plus we have great work-life balance - seriously.
The NPR Developers Blog is a great place to learn more about our team, who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Required Technology Skills:
• Fluent in relational databases, such as MySQL.
• Comfortable writing unit and other automated
• Experience working with a version control system (Git preferred).
• Comfortable working with an infrastructure team to manage stage and production deployments (including on AWS)
• Ability to create and communicate practical technical designs.
Other Required Skills:
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail.
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code.
• Passion for standards-based web development and polyglot programming.
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
Bonus Points For:
• Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP.
• Every additional programming language and framework you are fluent in (PHP, Java, Python, etc.).
• Exposure to document databases, such as DynamoDB and Elasticsearch.
• Experience with Redis.
• Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
• Experience working with Content Management Systems.
• Ability to work in Unix command-line over SSH terminal.
• Willingness to contribute to open-source projects.
• Development experience with Salesforce.
Special Note about this Position:
• This is a temporary positionthrough September 2021. While we cannot guarantee this today, there is a likelihood of extension or conversion to a permanent role prior to the end of this period. Please ask the recruiter or hiring manager any additional questions about this.
• The exact title and level of this position will be determined based on the selected candidate's experience and skills
• Due to COVID-19, all of the employees in the Digital Media division (which this position is apart of) are working remotely until at least January 2021. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates via video conference. We are onboarding and supporting new hires remotely at this time as well. NPR has not made any long-term decisions at this time about working remotely full-time. Therefore candidates not in the Washington, DC area should plan on relocating to that area in early-mid 2021.
Interested in Applying?
View this link about our interview process, our working environment, more job descriptions, and advice.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.