Senior Recruiter, News
Full Time Job
NPR is looking for a Senior Recruiter with a strong understanding of media organizations and the emerging skills needed to be a journalist across media's multiple platforms (broadcast, digital, social media). You will source and hire NPR's next great storytellers; while providing exceptional levels of service and ensuring a positive candidate experience along the way.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced recruiter, resourceful, proactive, drive, creative, and extremely comfortable interacting and building relationships at all levels, inside and outside of NPR.
• Develop key talent communities by building relationships with strong talent in the marketplace. Source passive candidates through networking, direct sourcing, and employee referrals.
• Evaluate skill level, conduct efficient and professional interview process, and drive offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and closing of candidates.
• Communicate effectively with the hiring manager and interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Share and exchange information with all levels of management.
• Act as a candidate advocate and provide all candidates with an exceptional experience, maintaining open lines of communication throughout the process
• Propose and implement ongoing improvements to NPR’s recruitment efforts.
• Manage and track all candidate and recruiting metrics within ATS
• Suggest innovate ways to identify and engage new talent using social media and other means
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
• At least 7 years proven Recruiting experience in a fast paced environment, executing a variety of corporate searches for news and media organizations
• Strong business acumen and competitive market awareness
• The ability to build relationships and influence
• Knowledge and experience in a wide range of current recruiting policies, practices, and trends and the ability to grasp new technologies.
• Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide strong consultative skills throughout the search process.
• Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
Please apply online through our career site at http://www.npr.org/about/careers/. You can also follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.