Senior Producer, Throughline
This was removed by the employer on 11/11/2021 8:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Senior Producer, Throughline jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Producer, Throughline postings
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The team at Throughline is a highly collaborative, curious, creative, and hardworking group producing one of NPR’s top podcast programs. Throughline provides the history we sometimes forget — or didn't know in the first place — of events in the news and ideas dominating our national conversations. Through cinematic and sound-rich storytelling, we will give you the story and perspectives often missing from history textbooks to help you understand our world today. Music and sound weave throughout each episode, bringing the themes and concepts to life through some of the most compelling non-fiction audio storytelling being made today.
The Senior Producer is a hands-on producing role working in partnership with the Supervising Editor to lead all aspects of show production. This includes supporting hosts, producers, and other contributors to the program. The Senior Producer will oversee the production of each episode of the podcast, working with producers to ensure the highest quality product is achieved, maintaining high journalistic standards while adhering to deadlines. The Senior Producer will be actively involved in generating story and interview ideas; editing audio; scoring episodes, conducting research, arranging interviews; writing podcast copy, and editing production material. The ability to collaborate, and clearly communicate is required as the Senior Producer will partner with colleagues across the organization and act as a mentor to more junior staff.
• Participate in editorial planning of the show, including episode topic selection, story ideas, and selection/booking of guests/experts.
• Determine assignments and regularly provides production guidance to staff
• With the team, evolve the sound and focus of the show.
• Create original show segments.
• Produce, write, mix and score episodes and portions of episodes.
• Act as coach and mentor for hosts & staff, regularly providing guidance and training as necessary
• Work on major, long-term projects, as well as short deadline pieces, sometimes simultaneously
• Regularly lead and drive planning and editing of podcast episodes and/or other content as needed
• Monitor coverage for overall balance, variety of stories and content and types of pieces
• Ensure that all content complies with NPR’s standards for accuracy and fairness
• Coordinates with the editor to manage workflow
• Responsible for editorial integrity and quality of published content, and ensuring that all content complies with NPR's standard for accuracy and fairness
• Meet deadlines and ensure others do as well.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• At least five years experience producing on Protools, Adobe Audition, or similar professional digital audio workstations. Protools proficiency preferred.
• At least five years’ experience in podcasting or broadcasting
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under deadline pressure
• Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes
• Understanding of journalistic ethics. Experience maintaining high journalistic standards under deadline pressure, including standards of objectivity, balance and fairness.
• Strong oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Critical Thinking
• Building Stakeholder Relationships
• Managing Complexity
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.