Senior Manager, Member Station Marketing
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Member Station Marketing is a member of the Marketing team in the Marketing, Branding, and Communications department (MBC). The Senior Manager will be responsible for providing brand and marketing support for NPR Member stations and creating assets for station use (on-air, print, interactive/online, audio-visual). This position will be the lead for the NPR Marketing team in planning and executing Member station and NPR marketing, working with the Senior Manager, Station Communications to develop strategies for collaborating with Member stations to promote shared programs and initiatives.
This position will work closely with NPR’s Member Partnership and Programming teams to identify and optimize marketing opportunities for Member stations and develop tailored strategies to increase audience engagement. The Senior Manager will work with the Member Partnership team to communicate with station marketing staff around messaging of digital product features, cross-promotions for broadcast, and best practices. S/he will measure and report on promotions use across NPR’s broadcasting and podcasting network.
The ideal candidate will be strategically focused and self-driven, with the ability to communicate ongoing initiatives and work well across a variety of stakeholders. This person should be creative, highly-motivated, and organized with the ability to manage simultaneous projects, programs, and deliverables, efficiently and effectively, off and on deadline. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Branding.
• NPR & Member station Collaborations: Develop and implement marketing strategies for acquisition, engagement, and retention of new and existing listeners across platforms. Develop creative assets to be used for local marketing campaigns. Use existing messaging and positioning statements for NPR products and tailor messages and localization for specific channels and stations. Measure and manage usage, and coordinate with Audience Insights team to quantify business results.
• Customer Focus: Working with the Senior Manager, Station Communications, engage with NPR’s network of Member stations to learn needs, anticipate requests, and determine what various stations would like in regards to marketing support. Update and maintain NPR’s marketing materials on Member station website. Serve as key project partner in coordinating NPR marketing plans with Member stations. Participate as communications liaison between NPR’s Member Partnership group, Member stations and brand/marketing, and shepherd communications about how to best leverage NPR brand assets by Member stations.
• Best Practices: Develop and share best practices for newsmagazines, newscast, and NPR programming. Advise partners on best practices to help maximize the value of NPR products and services. Monitor local brand use/guidelines to ensure consistent and powerful brand use.
• On-Air Promotions: Help develop strategy and assist in creation of on-air promotions to share with station partners. Identify and integrate measurement tool to track on-air promotions – which promotions are being used, how often they are on-air, and where they appear. Gather results, create reports, and generate recommendations to inform decisions on future promotions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 7 years marketing and/or brand experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to develop marketing strategy and tactics (email, display ads, online, apps, print, and video production)
• Experience working with national brands that have local footprints/franchises
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with proven ability to be listener focused
• Proven ability to be a creative thinker, develop ideas and conceptualize into production
• Experience with measuring success of marketing campaigns using analytics and database management
• Knowledge of Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Proven ability to effectively work in a fast pace environment with diverse staff
• Experience managing multiple customers simultaneously
• Strong project management, organization, and communication skills
• NPR familiarity and super fan a plus
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.