Senior Manager Marketing
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 6:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Senior Manager Marketing jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Manager Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager Marketing?
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR’s Marketing team is responsible for building brands and growing our audience for podcasts, programs, platforms and services. The team seeks to grow the reach and impact of everything NPR puts out in the world — from our up-to-the-minute digital and broadcast content to our on-demand podcasts, events, videos, apps, and smart speaker experiences.
Together with a cross-departmental team, this new position will play a vital role in generating revenue from NPR fans. Their primary focus will be leading campaigns that earn premium podcast subscriptions and donations across digital platforms. This work will benefit both NPR and its richly varied network of NPR Member station partners.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strategic mind, strong time management skills, and attention to detail. They will be deeply collaborative and have the ability to communicate effectively with and synthesize feedback from multiple stakeholders. They should be passionate and knowledgeable about the sustainability of media and journalism.
• Build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with product owners to identify and deploy new opportunities to increase revenue from audiences on NPR digital platforms
• Work with product owners to optimize landing pages, forms, the sales experience, and the subscriber/supporter experience
• Work with NPR’s Member Partnership team to identify and communicate digital revenue opportunities and plans to Member stations
• Work with Network partner specialists, consultants, vendors, and agencies as needed to optimize results
• Incorporate feedback from people with different perspectives
• Communicate plans and results across teams
• Devise marketing strategies that generate premium podcast subscriptions and other forms of support from NPR fans (especially podcast listeners and website users)
• Generate email leads; identify and drive high-quality leads along conversion paths
• Acquire new supporters/subscribers
• Execute platform, channel, messaging, and incentive tests
• Measure, monitor, and optimize performance across multiple channels as best possible given varied user conversion paths
• Execute campaigns across paid, owned, and earned media.
• Manage an annual calendar, prioritizing revenue opportunities across multiple initiatives
• Drive complex campaigns from kick-off through execution (managing timelines, approvals, budgets, reports in partnership with interdepartmental teams.)
• Work with editorial, product, development and programming teams responsible for messaging in podcasts, email newsletters, and social media to drive qualified leads to conversion forms
• Together with product owner, identify segments at-risk for attrition, create campaigns to retain subscribers/supporters
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
• Experience in a podcasting, news, and/or non-profit news organization required
• 6 years’ experience in marketing digital subscriptions and/or digital fundraising strongly preferred
• Experience with managing complex subscription and/or federated nonprofit membership programs preferred
• Hands-on experience working with CRM systems, email and social marketing tools, and analytics tools required (Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Social Flow, Google Analytics ideal)
• Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and gain the respect and support of internal and external clients
• Strategic thinker with a keen interest in the media landscape, with knowledge of the latest trends and best practices that drive audience conversion and retention
• Strong listening, writing, and speaking skills
• Experience working closely with creative teams to build brands and campaign assets (video, audio, display, email, social, and emerging platforms)
• All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.