Senior Manager, Events & Logistics
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2019 10:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Senior Manager, Events & Logistics jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Manager, Events & Logistics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Events & Logistics? Supervises and oversees the staff and contract services to ensure timely, accurate, and cost-effective operation of NPR’s Food Services, Logistics, and Facilities Services business units.
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of in-house cafeteria services and coordination of catering from in-house and contracted sources at all NPR locations.
• Oversees all aspects of conference and event space at all NPR locations.
• Responsible for day-to-day supervision of Logistics Unit operations; including delivery services, reproduction services, and in-house maintenance and staff onboarding/ relocation.
• Schedules invoice payment and record keeping of vendors related to core responsibilities.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities services or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Events Management.
• Minimum of 5 years of experiences in restaurant, catering and/or in-house food services in a large organization.
• At least 5 years of experience in services management, including scheduling, evaluations and personnel actions.
• Proven management skills related to a staff of up to 30 employees and contract workers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of in-house food service operations for a large organization.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and lead the work of others in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Ability to use office productivity software.
• Ability to develop and meet SLAs and provide management reports including metrics.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customers, staff, and other business contacts inside and outside the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills needed to communicate effectively.
• Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds on an intermittent basis with the aid of a hand truck.
• This is a 24/7 on call position for response to emergencies and off-hours project supervision.
• This position requires work at all US NPR offices, with primary assignment to Washington, D.C.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.