Senior Systems Engineer
Full Time Job
NPR is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer/Exchange Engineer for its IT Infrastructure team who will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, and operations support of all existing and Windows server Infrastructure. At least 8-10 years of experience designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering enterprise environment.
• Responsibilities & Requirements
• The primary responsibility includes managing NPR Exchange environment, additionally assist in the administration and support of Microsoft Exchange 2016 and support the health and performance of the messaging infrastructure, including setup, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting critical Exchange issues and processes across the organization to ensure business continuity.
• This role will also serve as the owner for high priority incidents in the messaging space and will be responsible for corrective and preventative actions that result from high priority incidents; other tasks may include leading incremental upgrades and configuration changes, and ensure systems are functioning properly.
• The engineer will handle day-to-day operations of messaging systems, compliance solutions, as well as participate in architecture and design of the infrastructure, including researching, designing, configuring and supporting messaging systems such as hybrid Exchange organizations or Office 365, and needs the ability to troubleshoot complex Exchange routing issues.
• The exchange engineer is also responsible for the disaster recovery of Exchange environment.
• The Systems Engineer is responsible for support of existing infrastructure, project support as directed, and other technical support functions, servers build, patch management, and requires knowledge of various systems such as load balancers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP Networking, Microsoft System Center (including Operations Manager and Orchestrator), Commvault, PowerShell, and VMware, experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
• The engineer will manage responsibilities for enterprise projects, provide Tier 3 support for escalations from the Service Desk, and collaborate with other teams (i.e. Telecomm, Networking, Service Desk) to ensure efficient processes; professionalism and customer service skills to work with all levels of staff is needed.
• Duties also include testing and evaluating products and solutions which may enhance efficiency and productivity, as well as participation in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation for systems engineering support.
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and network environments through following an institutionalized change management process
• Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users and IT colleagues
• Administer company security procedures and monitor compliance
• Establish and manage relationships with consultants and vendors of information technology
• Keep management up to date about any issues and escalating in a timely manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities
• Bonus Points
• Knowledge of Linux
• Project Management skills
• B.S. Degree
• Industry certifications such as MCSE, CCP, etc
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.