Senior Director, Donor Communications
This was removed by the employer on 6/21/2023 5:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Senior Director, Donor Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Director, Donor Communications postings
Full Time Job
NPR Development is seeking a senior donor communications professional to implement a strategy and manage communications for the division. Donor focused and mission driven, the ideal candidate will have a keen understanding and proven track record of building an infrastructure for donor communication strategy as well as managing pertinent initiatives and deliverables. The incumbent will also possess the skills to create and design narratives that engage a variety of stakeholders and constituents, all rooted in cohesive strategy. Reporting into the Vice President, Development, the Senior Director, Donor Communications will serve as both a content creator and project manager, overseeing a portfolio of projects, including high level, major giving proposal development and execution, marketing materials and collateral, internal and external development communication needs, event materials and donor relations projects. This individual will ensure that all materials produced by the Development Division reflect NPRâ€™s brand standards and meet the needs of the intended constituents; oversee campaign related projects; and implement Developmentâ€™s donor communication strategy. The Senior Director will also develop NPR Foundation messaging and branding materials to be cascaded across the department and organization.
Primary focus areas for this role are the following:
• Supervisory & Leadership
• Serve as team leader and thought partner, managing a group of 3 team members
• Strategically plan and implement full content strategy for department communication needs
• Donor Relations - Manage niche, customized materials for ongoing cultivation of high capacity donors
• Trustee support - Support communication needs around Board relations
• Development Communication and positioning
• Member Stations/Collaborative philanthropy - In collaboration with Collaborative Philanthropy team, develop comprehensive â€œgo to marketâ€ strategy for philanthropic communication needs surrounding the NPR Member station network
• Internal Comms - Create polished and engaging materials that informs internal collaborators and colleagues,
• In close partnership with editorial colleagues, develop internal repository of information that informs brand positioning and fundraising goals of development
• Support all NPR Development events with necessary communication materials
• NPR Foundation Communications
• Newsletter, graphics, etc., messaging decks, focused on NPR Foundation value propositions
• Develop deeply nuanced sense of presidential communications needs for internal and external stakeholders; serve as expert on presidential â€œvoiceâ€
• Other responsibilities
• Manage content calendars for donor communications and major giving stewardship activities;
• Serve as Developmentâ€™s liaison to NPRâ€™s Audience Development and Communications Divisions on materials designed for Development
• Strong written communication skills and the ability to write for print, web and social media
• 5 to 7 years of donor communications experience
• Strong grammar and editing skills
• Strong graphic design skills, including compiling and framing graphics, metrics and charts
• Experience with email marketing, background in SalesForce is a plus
• Must be able to manage multiple projects
• Must be highly organized and have ability to pay close attention to detail
• Highly collaborative and an appreciation of the benefit of a multidisciplinary team approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Webtrends, etc.)
• Experience building, testing, and deploying emails within Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Salesforce or other database experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience preferred
• Remote Permitted: This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
• This is a full time, exempt position.
Salary Range: The U.S. based anticipated salary range for this opportunity is ($120,000-$130,000) plus benefits. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPRâ€™s benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
NPR Pay Range
$120,000 — $130,000 USD
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal â€'' to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.