NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Division: NPM-New York Finance
Location: New York City
National Public Media (NPM) is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Senior Accountant, with four years of experience, to join its New York Accounting Department. The Senior Accountant will work with a staff accountant and will report directly to the Controller. This position will offer the individual an opportunity to experience working in a high volume environment. Media experience preferred but not required. Excellent communication skills also required. The successful candidate for this position will be proactive, deadline-driven, organized, proficient in Microsoft Excel, and enthusiastic!
This is a full-time position, with competitive salary and benefits.
Responsible for preparing the following reports for the company:
• Weekly sales journal
• Weekly, monthly and annual forecasting and margin analysis
• Variance analyses for the month end close
• Various account analyses
• Other reports as needed
• Process vendor bills
• Process T&E
• Reconcile Insperity T&E expenses to the General Ledger
• Print checks and make direct deposit batch transactions for reimbursement
• Account analysis and journal entry reclassification
• Providing marketing department with their spending recap
• Other projects as needed
Month end routines:
• General account bank reconciliation
• American Express recording and processing
• Record accruals and various other general expenses
• Month end closing – Trial Balance, P&L Statement and Balance Sheet
• Reconcile Spot radio and TV sales to the General Ledger
• Reconcile NPR Radio, Digital and Events Revenue with NPR Finance and NPM Ops
• Accounting review of BSA, Google AdX
Other projects as assigned.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
• Advanced Excel skills, including, but not limited to Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, and, preferably, Macros
• Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and possess excellent organizational skills
• Must have excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to converse clearly with internal and external clients
• Ability to handle heavy workloads, prioritize projects, multi-task and enjoy challenges
This position is located in New York City.
Interested candidates should include a cover letter and a resume.
About the Company
National Public Media (NPM) is the media sales division of NPR and PBS. As the sponsorship sales team for national and regional offerings on NPR and PBS stations and digital assets, National Public Media offers the best public media sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition®, Fresh Air, integrated presence and custom packages and event activation from NPR Music. We work with companies across categories with a range of objectives — from financial services to home improvement, national branding to regional retail — to create sponsorships that perform. Learn more on our website.