NPRCulver City, NY
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs, NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
National Public Media is looking for an experienced sales coordinator to join our West Coast, LA NPR sales office. The sales team represents NPR’s radio, podcast, digital and events platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced media sales or advertising agency environment, is curious about the media industry, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and has a proven ability to thrive under pressure.
NPR and NPM is committed to cultivating and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and in our workplace culture.
• Act as primary point of coverage and support for busy, traveling sales team
• Act as primary steward of campaign management throughout full sales cycle on all orders, e.g., proposal development, inventory and creative clearance, billing procedures, client reports, etc., for both radio and digital platforms
• Assist sales team with database management, e.g., SalesForce entry and maintenance, Trello, Magellan, etc.
• Assist sales team with client prospecting, research and presentations for client meetings, etc.
• Provide administrative support including coordinating conference calls and meetings
• Other special projects as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• 2-3 Years’ Experience in fast-paced media sales team support or in an advertising agency media department
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; must be able to act as primary support person on all orders for high-performing multi-member sales team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong research, presentation and proofreading skills
• Ability to collaborate with various departments across the company including Digital Ad Operations, Marketing, Traffic, Finance, etc.
• Ability to learn new research database interfaces, CRM tools, etc.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtraand #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.