Quality Assurance Engineer
Full Time Job
Public Radio Satellite Services (PRSS) is currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer.
We are an agile shop with 3 full-time developers and 1 full-time tester who are responsible for the enhancement and maintenance of our core product - ContentDepot™, which serves as the distribution platform for the entire public radio community.
The ideal candidate will be self-organized, assiduous and very passionate about tools and technologies used in the software industry. As a software tester you will work closely with the development team, develop story/release level test plans and report directly to the Sr. Manager of Software Development. We need our QA engineer to display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about delivering bug free software to our Users.
Develop efficient test plans: While working within an Agile environment, you will work with developers, Project Owners (PO) and Users to identify proper and effective testing strategies to confirm acceptance criteria.
Automate manual procedures: Currently all our testing is performed manually. We understand this is not ideal and would like to automate aspects of our testing process. We would lean on your expertise to design and implement automated testing procedures.
Exploratory testing: Bulk of our Ad-Hoc testing is currently done by the PO. We expect you to quickly learn our products and routinely perform creative exploratory testing.
Expand your technical skillset: We encourage people to broaden/improve their technical skills. In the long term, we expect you to add to your skills and contribute at many levels. Employee training is something we take very seriously in our organization and every year we have a budget set aside for it, so there will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and apply them on the job.
• Responsible for design, development and execution of test cases.
• Collaborate with team members and decide the correct testing strategy
• Monitor the progress of existing defects and bring them to closure
• Very detail oriented and able of perform various types of testing throughout the development cycle
• Able to read and understand software code and analyze log files to assist in root-cause-analysis
• Work with Users to identify and reproduce reported issues.
• Document defects on a defect tracking system and communicate issues to the development team
• 5 years of software testing experience
• 3 years of basic SQL skills and working in a Linux/Unix platform
• 2 years of experience writing automated tests using a variety of tools and technologies
• Excellent oral and written English and the ability to communicate effectively
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Bonus points for familiarity and experience with:
• Performance and load testing experience.
• Experience with testing frameworks
Please apply online through our career site at http://www.npr.org/about/careers/. You can also follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs.Top of Form
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.