Production Operations Specialist, Podcasts
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR, a leader in podcasting in the US, is looking for a talented and knowledgeable podcast operations specialist to edit and publish audio and podcast content using enterprise production tools.
This role is a cross-functional one that requires both a process-driven, operational mindset, keen attention to detail, as well as technological skill and aptitude. The ideal candidate will be committed and have a combination of experience and attitude that will help them thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment built around a culture with a passion for podcasting.
• Publish final audio files and related content and metadata for NPR original podcasts and select partner shows to third-party platforms and NPR-owned properties
• Perform quality assurance on all published content to ensure it functions per standards and sponsorship requirements across platforms
• Ensure on-time publishing of all content to all required platforms
• Regularly implement, monitor, and report on localized audio campaigns using Adswizz Audioserve in a timely and accurate manner
• Act as technical point of contact for internal ad trafficking and reporting
• Work closely with Product Management team to enable testing of new products and product features, and provide feedback and input that drives improvements to the overall content workflow
• Documenting processes, procedures, instructions and training materials for future users.
• Experience with enterprise audio and video production tools
• Experience working in ad-serving platforms such as Adswizz or Google Ad Manager 360
• Relevant work experience with enterprise media encoding tools
• Experience with file-based workflows and supporting technologies such as MAM, transcoding software, audio/video codecs, wrappers and related specifications
• Experience with cloud content management systems used for publishing/distribution.
• Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation
• Must be proficient in MS Excel and comfortable working with large data sets
• Ad trafficking in Adswizz Audioserve and/or Google Ad Manager experience a plus
• Knowledge of cloud computing
• Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
• Experience working with Adobe media cloud applications
• Project management skills
• Audio engineering experience
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.