Production / Editorial Assistant, All Things Considered
This was removed by the employer on 6/3/2020 11:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Production / Editorial Assistant, All Things Considered jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Production / Editorial Assistant, All Things Considered postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production / Editorial Assistant, All Things Considered? Join the team that helps cut through the flood of daily news with the smartest take on the most important stories of the day, and help shape news-driven podcast content. As a Production /Editorial Assistant, you will help book guests, draft host copy, edit audio for air/publication. You love news, you love audio. You have a curious mind that’s always searching for context and meaning. Your work will reach audiences across platforms, to help them understand which stories of the day mattered most, and WHY.
• Helps to write and produce content for daily air/publication.
• Active participant in pitch meetings, consistently engaged with news of the day
• Assists other team members with interview prep and logistics
• Assists in maintaining a strategic and productive engagement with audiences across social/digital platforms
• Other duties as assigned
• Ensures that all materials aired meet NPR program standards and practices, including standards of fairness, objectivity, and balance.
EDUCATION: Minimum education experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• At least one (1) year experience in journalism
• Some experience in audio journalism
• Ability to edit audio
• Demonstrated writing ability
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and efficiently on deadline
• Ability to work varied shifts
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
• Ability and willingness to relocate. NPR may choose to transfer employees to other geographic locations. Severance provisions of the SAG-AFTRA bargaining agreement will apply should you choose not to accept a transfer
• Experience in audio journalism, especially using DAVID based systems
• Experience on a daily news show, in the broadcast or podcast space
• Experience working in and/or knowledge of public radio and the public radio system.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.