Production Assistant, Social Media Platforms
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 10:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Production Assistant, Social Media Platforms jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Production Assistant, Social Media Platforms postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant, Social Media Platforms? OVERVIEW
The Visuals team at NPR works across all of our content areas, news, programming, music and podcasts. The Production Assistant will collaborate with Visual producers to develop story ideas for videos, photo essays, and visual story-telling for platforms like Instagram and TikTok, including adapting longer form video for a wide array of visual platforms. They will develop, conceive and execute original visual content from pitch through publication with a sophisticated understanding of how to tailor storytelling for young and diverse audiences. This position will require working nights, weekends and holidays as needed. This position reports to the Senior Supervising Editor for Visuals.
• Produce, shoot and edit photography and video for visual platforms, clearly communicating the vision, project goals, narrative scope and timeline for each production.
• Advanced knowledge of social and streaming platforms, accompanying formats and best practices.
• Research story ideas and fact check supporting materials maintaining NPR editorial and ethical guidelines.
• Perform post-production work including: adding text and graphics, sound design, and color correction.
• Work Location- NPR-Washington DC
• Willingness to work flexible hours. Occasional travel required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a specialization in film, video, media production, photography or journalism preferred.
• 2-3 years of photographic storytelling and video production experience, preferably with a major network or newsroom, studio or creative agency.
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud programs related to video, photo and design. (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere)
• Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent time frames and changing priorities/conditions.
• Demonstrated commitment to increasing audience diversity.
• Be well versed in copyright and ethical journalism practices
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Have a strong interest in current events
• Must be able to lift video equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Ability to work independently and with members of a cooperative team.
• Comfortable being on camera.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.