Product Designer - Digital Fundraising
Full Time Job
Product Designer - Digital Fundraising (Temporary)
This is a temporary position as part of the Fundraising Product Team, which is a team focused on implementing concepts coming out of the Public Radio Incubation Lab, an incubator where NPR and stations partner to solve complex business problems. And increasing digital donations to public radio.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the design process, from concept development to inspecting pixels just before launch. You will rely on a full range of design skills from interaction design to product design to prototyping. This role represents design on multidisciplinary project teams, working with researchers, product managers, and developers. Your job is to help inform product vision and foster positive digital experiences for millions of NPR consumers.
The initial focus of this role will be on web-related projects, including enhancements to user-facing features on NPR.org, execution of concepts to increase digital donations, planning and design for the next generation of Member station websites, and research with journalists and editors to inform a forthcoming re-platforming of our content management system.
• Create elegant and useful design systems that define the NPR digital experience across platforms.
• Distill complex interactions into clear, understandable design solutions and communicate them to stakeholders.
• Help create end-to-end design experiences, interaction models, and design systems.
• Work closely with your fellow designers, developers, product managers and audience research analysts to transform data into defensible design solutions.
• Facilitate design thinking and co-creation sessions.
• Collaborate with stakeholders at NPR and Member stations to prototype and test innovative approaches to fundraising on national platforms.
• Recommend and execute user research for new and existing products, and make recommendations for change.
• Help tell the story of our product user experiences through storyboarding, user journeys, and other storytelling methods.
• Collaborate daily with a team who are as passionate about user experience as you are.
• Work in a highly efficient, interactive design process using minimal documentation to support your vision.
• Work closely with developers to help build prototypes and refine working products.
• Experience working with interface design tools like Sketch or Figma.
• Working knowledge of modern HTML and CSS standards.
• Understanding of how to apply modern accessibility standards.
• Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team and stakeholders.
• Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
• Passion for the mission of public radio
This position is funded through the end of April 2020.
• Proven track record of designing and helping to ship successful products and services.
• Digital prototyping and coding experience.
• Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories).
• Experience working in an agile project methodology.
• Curiosity for emerging technologies, and willingness to contribute relevant findings back to the NPR team.
• Understanding of the public radio business model
• Experience designing e-commerce or digital fundraising products
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.