Full Time Job
Product Analyst (Temporary)
• Drive product development by identifying and executing experiments that test our product hypotheses and help NPR accomplish larger strategic goals.
• Develop experimentation reports, dashboards and training, using product tools like Google Analytics, Optimizely, Google Firebase, BigQuery, and MySQL.
• Inspire a team of product managers, developers, designers, and journalists by using analytics to discover audience opportunities and unmet product needs.
• Cultivate a healthy, efficient decision-making environment by creating accessible experimentation findings, collaborative processes and measurement clarity.
• Establish the credibility of your team with stakeholders by tracking progress in key metrics and by demonstrating how the team contributes to NPR product goals.
What We Are Looking For
• Systems thinking: Ability to learn complex NPR products and systems, including from consumer perspectives, and to develop systems for measuring progress.
• Team orientation: Demonstrated ability to work well on a team or independently, always showing respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system. Ability to work collaboratively with both product managers and organizational analytics leads. Ability to identify experimentation and other measurement and analysis projects that will help a team meet its goals.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills: Firm grounding in statistics, particularly in measuring and communicating the level of confidence in your findings. Experience designing and executing cluster analysis of a large audience data set.
• Excellent communication skills: Ability to tailor communication style to all levels of the organization – including senior management and peer groups of varying disciplines and skills – on issues of strategy, process, and ongoing operations.
• Technical proficiency: Ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, use the right tools at the right times, and recommend implementation plans.
• 3 years experience in consumer-facing digital product analytics, including significant work with both analytics tools and raw data analysis.
• Substantial professional experience with digital product experimentation tools, include Optimizely, Google Firebase and/or similar tools.
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Statistical Analysis, Information Technology, or related area. An MBA or MS/MA in a related field is a plus.
• Experience working inside an Agile development process.
• Passion for public media’s digital future.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.