Producer II / III, Enterprise Storytelling Unit
Full Time Job
Producer II/III, Enterprise Storytelling Unit (Acting)
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR’s longform podcast team, the Enterprise Storytelling Unit, is looking for a creative, motivated and highly-skilled producer, working primarily with the Rough Translation team. The acting position will last a full calendar year. The producer II/III will play a key role in shaping the sound and direction of the podcast, working closely with the host and assistant producer on series and episodes. A successful candidate has a background in reporting or show production, experience with sound design and a desire to tell complex and layered stories in the audio form.
• Key decision maker on shape and sound of content, with show host and editor
• Develops, researches and produces episodes and series
• Coordinates production timelines
• Scores and sound designs episodes
• Plans future episodes and manages intake of and assesses story pitches
• Demonstrates consistent expertise in field production, where applicable
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to working creatively and collaboratively quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities/conditions
• Comfort and willingness to iterate in writing, sound design and scoring
• Experience maintaining high journalistic standards under deadline pressure, including standards of objectivity, accuracy and fairness
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Willingness and ability to write and publish on social media platforms
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts as assigned
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Expertise in producing audio programs and podcasts
• Experience with remote production under a range of conditions
• Ability to manage complex assignments and situations
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA. The minimum salary for this position is $90,000.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.