Producer I - Whats Good With Stretch and Bobbito
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer I, What's Good with Stretch and Bobbito (Temporary)
Produce the next season of What’s Good with Stretch and Bobbito! NPR Programming is hiring a temporary producer (six months) based in the New York City bureau. Music and pop culture nerds, come to the front of the line! This role performs the duties of a Producer; edits program material; initiates, plans and produces program material for broadcast. As the producer, you’ll be in the room for everything from a rare interview by comedian Dave Chappelle to the iconic Stevie Wonder as he serenades his answers while playing the keyboard.
• Functions as a decision-maker on shape, look and sound of program
• Consistently generates timely and well thought-out interview ideas
• Book guests for interviews
• Edits tape and related continuity, with minimal editorial supervision.
• Is responsible for initiating and producing program elements
• Produces and assembles the podcast
• Researches upcoming guests
• Maintains editorial standards in conjunction with show editor, etc.
• Writes program copy, including drafts of host leads and questions and other production copy as needed
• Edits audio and writes continuity associated with production as needed
• Prepares and produces specialized segments for other NPR broadcast platforms as assigned
• Directs mixing of program material and assists in remote productions when assigned
• Ensures and assists on-time of program materials
• Position may require some travel for interviews
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4 years of experience in radio production
• 1 year of editorial decision-making
• Demonstrated radio writing ability
• Extensive pop culture knowledge
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes, with changing priorities/conditions.
• Experience in digital audio systems and other digital media platforms
If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.