Producer I / Ii- NPR Politics Podcast
This was removed by the employer on 3/4/2022 12:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Producer I / Ii- NPR Politics Podcast jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Producer I / Ii- NPR Politics Podcast postings
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success. We are committed to doing the right thing in our journalism and in every role at NPR. This means that integrity, adherence to our ethical standards, and compliance with legal obligations are fundamental responsibilities for every employee at NPR.
The NPR Politics Podcast is an award-winning daily hosted by NPR’s best political reporters. The show covers big political news and ideas in a conversational way, focusing on what happened and why it matters. We draw connections between the places political leaders come from, the people they represent and the policies they embrace. We consider the role of cultural and demographic change as we aim to illuminate governance and politics. We are a collaborative and joyful team known for our work ethic, and we aspire to great storytelling.
We’re looking for a creative thinker and dexterous producer who can help shape and inspire fresh, engaging political conversations. Excellent news judgment, strong organizational skills and an ambitious news appetite are required, as is the ability to work collaboratively across the network.
The Producer I/II will work with the podcast hosts, editors and other contributors to plan the show and craft the scripts, curating topics and tape for daily episodes and for format breaking long-term projects. The job requires attention to detail, big picture thinking and concern about craft. The ability to multitask and work quickly and effectively on tight deadlines are musts.
• Follow political news closely to outline editorial content for each episode;
• Initiates, plans and produces material for that day’s show and for future shows with minimal editorial supervision;
• Consistently generates timely and well thought-out story/interview ideas;
• Prepares scripts, including writing, background research and tape selection;
• Coordinates and incorporates promotions and underwriting;
• May act as line producer for the on-air production of NPR programs, both regularly scheduled programs and special reports;
• Assists with planning and promotion of live shows;
• Maintains working knowledge of all the latest sound-gathering and filing technologies in use at NPR;
• Tracks and shares audience data with editorial team;
• Maintains internal relationships with other members of the staff and with other NPR programs and desk staffs
• Works various shifts, as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• Ability to independently plan, edit and produce coverage and execute assignments with minimal supervision and revision under deadline pressure;
• Highly developed mixing and scoring skills;
• Consistent expertise in field production;
• Ability to conceive, plan and coordinate live show events, and special episodes with minimal supervision;
• Ability to create and maintain team workflow processes, with minimal supervision;
• Ability to strategize about the show as a whole and provide constructive feedback for longer term decisions;
• At least four years experience of daily news or podcast experience including experience working across platforms
• At least four years experience in editorial decision making with demonstrated ability to exercise solid, independent news judgment.
• Understanding of journalistic ethics.
• Passion for connecting with diverse audiences.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Expertise in producing shows and podcasts;
• Experience working in and/or knowledge of public radio and the public radio system;
• Experience with digital and multimedia production;
• Demonstrated understanding of, and familiarity with, social media platforms.
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA. The minimum annualized salary for this position is $ 95K for Producer I, $ 102,500K for Producer II.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law and any other applicable law.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.