Producer / Editor
Full Time Job
Producer / Editor, NPR Presents
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The NPR Events & Experiential team (a.k.a. NPR Presents) is looking for an intellectually curious and creative individual to join us as a Producer/Editor to create and execute editorially-driven, high-touch engagement events and experiences that are intended for the cultivation and stewardship of donors. This role will report to the Senior Director & Executive Producer of NPR Events & Experiential and work closely with the NPR Development team to oversee and manage programming and production for fundraising events and high level donor experiences, as well as other events with internal and external stakeholders.
NPR Presents brings NPR content to people in real life and in virtual spaces. We set a high bar for production excellence, deepen engagement with new and existing audiences, create revenue opportunities for the organization, and strengthen relationships with NPR Member stations and other partners. In addition to public facing events, our portfolio includes monthly events for donors; an annual signature event that showcases NPR’s talent, programming and funding opportunities to current and prospective donors; and co-hosted events with NPR’s Member stations to engage collaborative prospects and grow giving to public radio.
The Producer can be a remote position, but must be located close to a major U.S. airport and will be expected to travel to Washington D.C. and other locations around the country to be on-site for live event production and other projects as necessary.
• Manage and produce a portfolio of NPR editorial live events, with a specific focus on NPR donor cultivation and stewardship gatherings
• In collaboration with NPR’s Development team, contribute to and execute a robust donor events strategy to deepen connections between NPR and supporters of public radio
• Manage all content programming tracks for NPR donor gatherings by liaising with content leads and talent
• Identify event programming opportunities that align NPR’s editorial goals and critical fundraising priorities to inspire donors to deepen their support
• In collaboration with NPR’s Development team, lead post-event survey implementation and evaluation to inform event strategy, design and programming
• Maintain clear lines of communication with internal and external project stakeholders
• Collaborate with cross departmental teams on creating all of the content for assigned events
• Develop new event concept proposals and project manage efforts once greenlit
• Ability to cultivate and support an inclusive and equitable workplace environment.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Education or Work Experience
• Be an enterprising, entrepreneurial, and productive team contributor, constantly and eagerly identifying new means of innovation to grow NPR Presents Impact with all constituents before, during and after each and every event produced
• At least 4 years experience working in a newsroom or on editorially-driven storytelling projects. You have your finger on the pulse of the diverse cultural landscape across the country. You are innovative and excited about creating content in this space
• At least 3 years experience managing multi-platform editorial-based projects staffed by multiple stakeholders
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare powerful and compelling presentations
• Excellent writing skills; is able to write scripts with content leads, as well as describe and market NPR events through multiple mediums
• Audio production skills with the ability to produce high quality audio mixes for the events
• Proficiency with navigating a variety of content management systems
• Ability to document internal processes and analyze audience data
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities/conditions
• Experience overseeing and managing complex budgets
• Ability to both work independently and collaborate with others
• Highly organized, including the ability to create and manage complex data sets on various platforms including Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work under ambiguity and under pressure
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts
• Ability to travel around the country
PREFERRED SKILLS COMPETENCIES
• Managing Complexity
• Building Stakeholder Relationships
• Savvy Communication
• Problem Solving
• Learning Agility
• Abel to adjust to ambiguity and fast-paced remote work environment
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA. The minimum salary for this position is $90,000.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.