NPM Staff Accountant
Full Time Job
NPM is seeking a Staff Accountant who will specialize in collections of accounts receivable. This Staff Accountant will join the small NPM Finance team based out of Washington DC at NPR HQ, and will assist with securing payments on approximately $115m of digital, radio, and event revenue across three regional divisions.
This position functions as an important bridge between NPM’s Sales, Traffic, and Operations Teams, and NPR Finance. Due to the outward facing nature of this position, ideal candidates will have strong customer service and communication skills, in addition to a thorough understanding of the ins and outs of accounts receivable. This is a data heavy position, so candidates should also have intermediate or higher skills in Microsoft Excel, and a solid understanding of how to manipulate and present large sets of data.
• Oversee collections for NPR Radio, NPR Digital and NPR Events receivables balances ranging between $3m to $6m.
• Identify cash receipts via lockbox scans and bank statements, and record these payments into our Traffic system (Allegiance.)
• Conduct credit evaluations for potential clients.
• Create and maintain custom payment plans for agencies and sponsors.
• Identifying and resolving billing discrepancies with NPM Ops, NPM Traffic, and NPR Finance teams.
• Maintain ongoing risk analysis for current customers to assess and prevent write offs.
• Provide weekly reports showing outstanding accounts receivable for all NPR revenue lines.
• Provide ad hoc analysis at a customer and agency level.
• Work as a liaison with NPR Finance, NPM Sales, NPM Digital Ops, and NPM Traffic.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business field, or equivalent experience required.
• Prior experience or understanding of Accounts Receivable / Cash Receipt processes.
• Intermediate knowledge of excel; ability to create complex formulas.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills across teams and externally.
• Interest in improving and optimizing processes; an idea person.
• Well organized and detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Quick to learn, but ready to adapt in a constantly changing environment.