National Spot Sales Coordinator
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
National Public Media is seeking a highly motivated and organized Sales Coordinator to join its New York City Regional Sales Department. The coordinator will assist Account Managers with proposals, orders, sales prospecting, and account maintenance as assigned. This position will offer the individual an opportunity to experience working in a high volume environment and exposure into sales and advertising opportunities.
The Sponsorship Sales Coordinator will support the Spot Sales Sponsorship team comprised of National Spot Sponsorship Account Managers based in New York City. This individual will report to the Director of National Spot Radio Sponsorship Sales (based in New York).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the National Spot Radio and TV Sponsorship team to process radio, television, podcasting and digital sponsorship schedules.
• Process internal and external paperwork and ensure that digital verification associated with sales transactions is accurate.
• Ensure that client media schedules are executed as ordered.
• Coordinate proposal and sponsorship order details with clients and agencies.
• Liaise with radio and television member stations in communicating any and all aspects of sponsorships and the verification of schedules.
• Work with the NPM Marketing team to create sponsorship collateral materials.
• Work with station Marketing and Research teams to provide accurate programming details, station clearance and audience information.
• Research and develop materials to assist the team in client prospecting efforts.
• Assist in the trafficking of sponsorship credit/message materials.
• Liaise with NPM Billing team in all matters regarding radio and television sponsorships.
• Liaise with NPM Digital Operations division in all matters regarding digital sponsorships.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• A minimum two years of media-related experience is a plus
• Experience in processing media schedules is a plus
• Familiarity in media and advertising competitive research
• Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com
• Familiarity in media order systems such as DDS (Donovan) and Strata
• Experience in media order input and data entry
• Excellent PowerPoint skills
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
• Understanding of and enthusiasm for public media
• Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and proofreading skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized and capable of prioritizing projects
• Extremely detail oriented
• Inquisitive, willing to learn and highly motivated
• Strong multi-tasking capabilities
• Ability to handle high pressure environments (high volume, tight deadlines)
• High integrity and unquestionable ethics
• Team player, diplomatic and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals
• Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of and enthusiasm for public media
Interested candidates should include a cover letter and a resume.
About the Company
National Public Media (NPM) is the media sales division of NPR and PBS. As the sponsorship sales team for national and regional offerings on NPR and PBS stations and digital assets, National Public Media offers the best public media sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition®. We work with companies across categories with a range of objectives — from financial services to home improvement, national branding to regional retail — to create sponsorships that perform.
NPM/NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.