Full Time Job
Mobile Engineer (Temporary)
NPR Digital Media is committed to delivering high quality listening, reading and viewing experiences across all platforms. As a mobile engineer, you will work on high-performing Scrum teams in a collaborative environment. You will be involved in all aspects of feature development for existing and new NPR mobile apps, from planning to publish.
Required Tech Skills:
• Skilled in at least one of these native mobile languages:
• Swift for iOS
• Kotlin and/or Java for Android
• Strong Object-Oriented programming skills
• Experience working with RESTful APIs
• Experience working with a version control system (Git preferred)
Other Required Skills:
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code
• Empathy for users and passion for crafting great user experiences
• Good oral and written communication skills
Bonus Points For:
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• MVVM architect experience
• Objective-C experience
• Experience with rapid prototyping
• Familiarity with UX/UI design
• A passion for NPR’s content and/or familiarity with our digital products
• We’re an Agile shop grounded in Scrum Lean, and we believe that investment in the right methods and tools, combined with attention to people and culture, is the best way to deliver great work as happily and efficiently as possible. We constantly try to improve how we do what we do.
• We are located in DC’s NoMa district in a LEED Gold Certified building. We are 5 minutes to the metro and within 15 minutes of a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture (Union Station, H Street Corridor, and Union Market).
• We are diverse, lifelong learners. We read omnivorously from NPR’s giveaway bookshelf (getting hints from the NPR Books Tumblr), regularly attend Tiny Desk Concerts, and edit bad grammar on milk cartons.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.