Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
National Public Media (NPM) is seeking a Marketing Manager for a full time position on the Sponsorship Marketing team.
This position has a focus on strategic communications, paid advertising and brand building. Reporting to NPM’s VP of Marketing, the Marketing Manager, External Marketing & Communications directly supervises three (3) senior to mid-level Marketing Associates, and works closely with a collaborative team fueling the mission of public media.
National Public Media (NPM) is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH. We are the exclusive sponsorship sales group for all NPR network programs and platforms, as well as representing NPR and PBS stations. National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system.
The NPM Marketing team provides strategy and support to National Public Media’s sponsorship sales teams in a dynamic and demanding media environment while executing B2B marketing strategies to build awareness, understanding and consideration of NPR sponsorship in-market. With a focus on collaboration, the Marketing team partners with internal and external stakeholders to achieve ambitious revenue goals. We are a fast-paced team with lofty vision, creative drive and collaborative spirits.
The ideal candidate for this position exhibits a good balance of analytical skills and storytelling ability, plus has previous management experience. Successful candidates will be organized, detail-oriented, proactive and collaborative.
• Serve as a strong thought partner to Vice President of Marketing, helping to build annual marketing plans, strategies to steal market share from competition and uncover new paths for growth
• Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the current and expected competitive environment and work with team on any implications for marketing strategy
• Coordinate the development of the strategic marketing roadmap with leadership and cross functional teams (Ad Ops, Research) while partnering with external & internal stakeholders as the lead liaison for the External Marketing & Communications (EMC) team.
• Manage and oversee persistent paid marketing programs across various channels (trade advertising, social advertising, search, industry events etc.) to drive brand awareness and sales pipeline to National Public Media’s national and regional Sales teams
• Act as the key owner of all EMC’s project timeline, updates, deliverables and coordinated communication for strategic projects
• Help craft compelling content for clients and prospective sponsors about NPR’s latest offerings via email, social posts and website articles
• Work closely with the two Senior Marketing Managers and VP of Marketing in support of the department’s overall strategies, initiatives and campaigns
• Supervise at least three (3) direct reports, including preparing their regular performance reviews, and making effective recommendations regarding any hiring, promotion, and discipline for these positions
• Cultivate and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
• Foster and support an inclusive and equitable workplace culture
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 6 years marketing experience, with a focus on marketing strategy, communications, and business-building
• Hold a strong understanding of key marketing functions – Brand Marketing, Media, Partnerships & Events Marketing, Analytics and Public Relations
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities, managing 10 projects simultaneously while reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Confidence in managing internal/external relationships, specifically the ability to work across functions and timezones to achieve results
• A minimum of 1-2 years experience managing, advising, and supporting direct reports and working with diverse teams
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative culture, embracing change and effectively implementing feedback
• Positive attitude and ability to work effectively as part of a team in a collegial and collaborative environment
• Enthusiasm for public media and/or purpose-driven brands
• Experience interfacing with executive leadership, translating their needs to teams and vice versa
• Effective and diplomatic communication skills
• Proactive and savvy problem solver
• Deep understanding of Google Suite products and experience working with Salesforce, Pardot, Trello or similar project management tool s
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer . NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram . Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs .