Full Time Job
The Manager, Marketing is a member of the Marketing, Branding, and Communications (MBC) department. S/he is responsible for managing the development and execution of marketing initiatives that attract, grow, and retain audience for NPR. This role will partner to create marketing and communications plans for podcast launches, organizational events, newsroom projects, fundraising initiatives, and additional NPR-wide projects. The Marketing Manager will serve as the interface between the Creative team and internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively between multiple stakeholders and executives. S/he will be strategic and collaborative, and someone that thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment. This person should be a highly-motivated and organized individual who can manage simultaneous projects, programs, and deliverables, efficiently and effectively. S/he should be passionate about media and journalism and have an interest in new technology, actively seeking information on the latest innovations and opportunities for NPR to retain its leadership in the audio space.
• Drive complex marketing-related projects from kick-off through execution, including: managing timelines and deadlines, running meetings, scheduling creative reviews, overseeing budgets, and serving as the primary liaison with NPR departments, including but not limited to Consumer Products, Programming, Digital, Events, Music, and Sponsorship
• Develop creative briefs including key marketing messages, working with internal clients to assess project needs, objectives, audience, and competitors
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including NPR Member stations, to ensure that Marketing’s role and abilities are understood at the onset of project kickoff
• Schedule, track, and prioritize marketing and communications projects across all platforms (print, interactive/online, audio)
• Ensure timely project kick-off, completion, and approval from stakeholders and lead post-campaign debrief meetings
• Measure project success using industry-standard metrics (Nielsen ratings, Cume, AQH, click thru rates, downloads) that help determine the performance of ad campaigns, shows and podcasts
• Communicate clearly, collaborate, and motivate the project team to identify and achieve shared goals
• 3 years of experience in a marketing and/or project management role
• Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and gain the respect and support of internal and external clients
• Strategic thinker with a keen interest in the media landscape, with knowledge of the latest trends and best practices that drive audience growth and engagement
• Strong listening, writing, and speaking skills
• Knowledge of best marketing practices for email, display ads, websites, and apps
• Experience using Adobe creative products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); Microsoft Office; Google Drive
• Creative thinker and doer with a passion for marketing, advertising, and design
• Basic understanding of core marketing principles, and design and merchandise processes
• Experience in or with a media organization and/or public media
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and follow up on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.