Full Time Job
Marketing Coordinator (Temporary Position)
The Marketing team provides strategy and support to National Public Media’s sponsorship teams in a dynamic and demanding media environment while executing B2B marketing strategies to build awareness, understanding and consideration of NPR sponsorship in market. Led by the Senior Director of Marketing, Marketing collaborates with teams across the country to achieve ambitious revenue goals. We are a fast-paced team with vision, creative drive and collaborative spirits.
NPM is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to support management of a daily flow of sales presentations and proposals. The Coordinator will be responsible for creating and customizing sales materials, pulling research statistics, and crafting RFP (request for proposal) responses in order to communicate specific NPR sponsorship opportunities to potential sponsors. The Marketing Coordinator is part of a collaborative team, working with NPM employees across the country to meet daily deadlines, while supporting the Marketing team’s ongoing goals.
This position will report to the Manager, Operations & Design.
Essential Duties Include:
• Daily coordination and fulfillment of requests logged in Trello, the Marketing Department’s project management system, including but not limited to:
• Response to agency and client request for proposals
• Research requests and updates
• Updates to sales material templates
• Custom meeting presentations
• Support quarterly research and design updates to full suite of sales materials
• Coordinate and collect data on Trello project management system usage in order to provide updates on project status, workload, materials usage, and data requests.
• Support the Manager and Senior Marketing Associate, Operations & Research in the collection and analysis of audience research via databases like comScore, MRI, and Ipsos for listeners across a variety of NPR programs and platforms.
• Coordinate updates to department’s virtual materials library in order to ensure most up-to-date information and materials are available to full sales team.
• Support general updates to company website under the direction of the Manager and Senior Marketing Associate, Operations & Research.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with an aptitude for learning and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Specific qualifications outlined below:
• Detail-oriented with an eye for copyediting, visual formatting, and version control.
• Experience working in PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate issues appropriately.
• Ability to manage multiple, overlapping deadlines and communicate priorities clearly to management.
• Positive attitude and willingness to jump in when and where needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A solution-oriented mindset.
• Curiosity – a desire to learn new things and engage in collaborative brainstorms.
• Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs.
• Experience with Trello project management tool.
• Experience with creative agencies, media, or sales organizations.
• Experience working with research databases like GfK MRI and comScore.
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs and platforms as well as NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.