Manager, Marketing and Promotions
Full Time Job
The Manager of Marketing and Promotions is a member of the Marketing, Branding, and Communications (MBC) department, reporting to the Director of Marketing. This role is responsible for growing audience, extending the NPR brand, and collaborating with Programming and other divisions to help achieve NPR’s objectives. The role includes campaign planning, calendar maintenance and development, project management, communication and analytics.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter — someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to be both strategic and tactical. S/he will be collaborative and thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented environment with the capacity to communicate and work across functions and levels. This person should be a highly motivated and organized individual who can manage simultaneous projects and deliverables, efficiently and effectively.
• Oversees the strategy, development, management, and reporting of NPR marketing campaigns, designed to grow NPR’s audience. These campaigns will extend across internal channels (NPR’s owned platforms) and external channels (such as partnerships and paid social).
• Liaise with Marketing Managers to create promotional plans across NPR platforms, including radio, digital, podcasting, smart speakers, email
• Manage calendar of promotional campaigns for NPR products (podcasts, shows, events, and beyond), helping the team thinking holistically and proactively about promotional priorities for NPR over the next 12 months. Ability to set a strong, forward-looking plan — while also to pivoting quickly and adjusting priorities as needed.
• Work with Programming team to deepen engagement and bring in new audiences—measured by podcast downloads, online audio streams and search engine results/referring traffic. Role helps bridge marketing objectives with technical implementation through SEO and development fluency and communications
• Think critically and creatively about how to attract new audiences to the NPR brand — proposing new ideas, testing them, and refining them based upon performance
• Work alongside Director of Marketing to leverage third-party partnerships in order to grow, diversify, and acquire new audiences
• Optimize and iterate marketing campaigns based on results and achieving organizational objectives
• Support multiple internal clients developing promotional assets and driving quantifiable results. Manage timelines, run meetings, report on KPIs, and serve as a liaison between Marketing and other NPR departments.
• Create dashboards and process flows to track performance and create visibility across stakeholder groups
• Collaborate with Creative Services Team to deliver high quality creative assets, on time and in budget
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 5 years of consumer marketing and promotions
• Proven track record in implementing successful strategies to drive response and audience growth
• Experience in digital marketing required; experience in podcast development and promotion desired
• Experience managing cross-channel creative process from development to implementation
• Strong ability to manage promotional calendars
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with online testing and optimization
• Fluency in reporting tools, Excel, and KPIs
• Experience growing audience loyalty and engagement
• Highly organized and an ability to set up and maintain systems and calendars that keep others on track
• Ability to be nimble and flexible and work in entrepreneurial environment
• Strong project management, organization, and communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with creative and design teams to create compelling, highly visual campaigns
• NPR familiarity and super fan a plus
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.