Junior Support Analyst
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The ideal candidate works on OnlineTech, responding to the issues we receive from internal NPR users, including Station Relations and Audience Relations. They also ensure that the issues in the queue are moving along appropriately, and ensure that documentation is kept up to date. This work may involve reaching out to developers or product owners as needed. This work also may involve some recurring tasks and maintenance issues (e.g. performing localization updates, assisting with converting podcasts from scraped to plucked, assisting product owners with ad-hoc queries on the database).
• Responds appropriately to new requests coming into OnlineTech, even if it is to tell the requestor that we need more time.
• Analyzes issues. Seeks balance between more independent analysis, and reaching out to others. Is still finding this balance.
• As necessary, seeks second opinion from others on the OnlineTech team.
• Follows through with the complete, and reliable, resolution of tickets.
• Ensures that maintenance tasks are done by their deadline.
• Works with others across NPR as needed.
• Experience with file-based workflows and supporting technologies such as MAM, transcoding software, audio/video codecs, wrappers and related specifications
• Experience with cloud content management systems used for publishing/distribution.
• Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation
• Must be proficient in MS Excel and comfortable working with large data sets
• Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment and successfully prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Must be able to work cooperatively with others as part of a team, hold own work to high standards, and inspire others to do the same
• Self-Starter, detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of cloud computing
• Prior Support/Service Desk experience in an enterprise environment
• Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.