Junior Developer- Sponsorship
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable web developer to join NPM Creative, the sponsorship product team for NPR’s digital properties. We are seeking a person passionate about polyglot programming, web technologies, RESTful APIs and about building scalable revenue products that support the sustainability of NPR’s journalism efforts. The right person for this role learns fast and is an independent thinker who is willing to bring new approaches and ideas to our product development team.
• Contributing to the creation, modification and implementation of sponsorship products across NPR’s digital properties, from web to apps to voice assistants.
• Assisting in the maintenance of our existing sponsorship products
• Working to decrease technical debt
• Assisting team members to troubleshoot technical issues
• Participating in product ideation; providing technical perspective and feedback
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• Fluency in HTML5/CSS3, including media queries and Responsive Web Design techniques.
• Some fluency in PHP, with a good understanding of OOP concepts in PHP.
• Some fluency in LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, MySQL.
• Ability to work in Unix command-line over SSH terminal.
• Experience working with a version control system (Git preferred).
• Ability to quickly and effectively find and resolve bugs.
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail.
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code.
• Passion for standards-based web development and polyglot programming.
• Obsession with software scalability and performance under high loads.
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
• Experience working in an Agile environment - understanding of scrums and sprints.
• Experience working with voice assistants.
• Addiction to writing code in Test-Driven Development style.
• Familiarity with React and Redux.
• Experience working with Webpack and ES6.
• Experience working with XML.
• Knowledge in cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP.
• Knowledge in advertisement platforms or services such as Google Ad Manager.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.