IT Service Desk Manager
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Service Desk Manager to lead and manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 Service Desk Technical team. The ideal candidate will lead the Help Desk Team to provide first class technical support and ensure that established service level agreements are achieved. S/He possesses a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate the team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
• Establishes and documents policies and procedures to guide the routine operations of NPR’s Service Desk
• Manages 24-hour technical support for NPR’s information services and systems.
• Works collectively internal and external teams to ensure maximum interoperability of systems and availability of resources
• Manages Service Desk support for headquarters and remote locations
• Interpret metrics from the systems to drive Continuous Process Improvement
• Use metrics and individual coaching to improve the productivity and efficiency of each team member's performance
• Manage complex projects and ensure that they are completed on time and within budget
• Ensure all phases of incident and problem management are communicated to the customer within a timely manner
• Apply interpersonal skills for anticipating and diffusing negative client situations
• Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a combination of education and experience
• 5 years of experience working in a Technology Service Desk, including leading a group of Service Desk Technicians
• Hands on experience with Service, Help Desk and remote-control software.
• Solid technical background, ability to learn quickly, and an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.
• Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
• Attention to detail, especially as it pertains to process execution, testing, following policy and procedures, change management, maintaining an orderly technology environment, labeling, and documenting.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Proficiency with current PC tools and office productivity software tools.
• Proficiency with handheld data devices and cell phones.
• Competency in the design, architecture, management, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of current information services systems.
• Experience with current system monitoring and management software.
• Knowledge of security best practices and security devices.
• Competency in and demonstrated use of project management methodology.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct supervising authority.
• Demonstrated ability to document technical processes and procedures.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.