HR Business Partner
Full Time Job
NPR’s Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) play a vital role in promoting organizational effectiveness by aligning individual capabilities and divisional talent in support of NPR’s strategic plan.
HRBPs will work closely with the HR leadership team and divisional leadership to design, develop and implement Human Resources programs focused on attracting, retaining and motivating employees to their greatest potential.
In this important role, you will provide counsel and guidance on all HR matters and provide transformational leadership; aligning HR strategies with NPR’s business strategy by developing, delivering and promoting best practices, capability building, new tools and processes, change management, and talent management initiatives within assigned divisions.
This position is located at NPR headquarters in Washington D.C. and will support the News Division.
• Serve as HR advisor, coach and partner to News leadership team and assigned client groups within the News Division
• Counsel and educate managers on delivering effective feedback that results in increased performance and team engagement
• Champion communication and OD best practices to help News leadership transform their teams
• Develop strong working relationships and partner with HR specialists to provide seamless HR support and guidance to the business including: Employee Relations, Talent Management, HRIS, Compensation, and Benefits
• Closely coordinate with the Recruiting team and managers to create a diverse pipeline of talent
• Maintain a positive work environment through effective employee relations practices
• Advise and educate managers on employment law and compliance
• Lead and/or contribute to organization-wide Human Resources projects and initiatives
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in human resources or a related field
• Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive Human Resources experience, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an HRBP, preferably in a media organization
• PHR or SHRM-CP required
• High level of knowledge of DC specific regulations required
• Broad business and financial understanding and ability to apply to human capital implications
• Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide strong consultative skills
• Adept at communicating effectively across all levels of internal and external stakeholders while inspiring confidence
• Strong project management skills with an ability to identify and analyze business and organizational needs
• Labor relations experience and conversant with Labor laws preferred
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.