Gift Processing Assistant
Full Time Job
The Gift Processing Assistant (Temporary) reports to the Senior Director, Development Operations and provides support to the Development Operations team through the daily processing of gifts and grants to the Development division.
• Process all cash, stock, non-monetary and credit card gifts to NPR using Raiser’s Edge (RE), including verifying information with existing data in Raiser’s Edge and creating new records when needed. Determine appropriate gift designations by reviewing accompanying documentation prior to entry, and alert appropriate staff to special gift situations.
• Processes recurring credit card subscriptions and maintain reports.
• Coordinate with Development Operations Coordinator to review and reconcile each individual gift batch processed.
• Review documentation for accurate gift entry, and prepare any necessary documentation for Finance department.
• Generate reports in Raiser’s Edge.
• Assists other gift processing staff and Development Operations staff as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Must have experience with gift entry and processing in Raiser’s Edge database.
• Ability to handle high volume of work and meet appropriate deadlines.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner.
• Strong personal work ethic, collaborative, and results-oriented; combined with a sense of humor and perspective.
• Must understand and appreciate NPR’s mission.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.