Facilities Planning Assistant
Full Time Job
Facilities Planning Assistant (Temporary)
Provides support to all NPR departments related to workspace planning, project management, employee relocations and facilities maintenance.
• Assists the Facilities Planning Supervisor in the preparation of plans, specifications and schedules related to workspace design and construction.
• Works with in-house and contracted personnel in the preparation of RFPs, budget documents and expenditure justifications.
• Works with contractors and service providers to ensure that work is performed as specified in plans and contracts.
• Initiates requisitions for the purchase of items and services related to assigned duties.
• Assists in coordination of day-to-day maintenance and facilities support requests.
• Enters and routes management/housekeeping requests through the use of CMMS systems.
• Coordination and execution of external and internal moves, on-boarding of new employees and readying of workspaces for occupancy.
• Provides support
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• Assists and supports all Facilities Management teams as required or assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to organize work in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Proficiency in Computer Aided Design and project scheduling software.
• Proficiency in facilities related software systems required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of automated procurement and accounting software systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft and other office productivity software.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customers, staff, and other business contacts inside and outside BBNA.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills needed to communicate effectively.
• Good business math skills.
Education and Experience:
• College Degree, or a combination of coursework and equivalent experience related to the Primary Responsibilities.
• Minimum 3-years’ experience in facilities services with knowledge of construction project management, HVAC and electrical systems.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a media or other customer-facing organization.
• Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds on an intermittent basis with the aid of a hand truck.
• This is a position requires occasional shift work and off-hours project coordination.
• This position requires some travel to all NPR offices, with primary assignment to Washington, D.C.
• Incumbent serves in a position that is in the public eye. Therefore, incumbent must dress in business attire and appear well groomed at all times.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.