Executive Producer, All Things Considered
Full Time Job
All Things Considered is the most listened-to afternoon drive-time, radio news program in the country. During each daily broadcast, stories and reports come to listeners from NPR reporters and correspondents based throughout the United States and the world. The hosts interview newsmakers and contribute their own reporting. As head of this popular radio news program you produce a show where ideas matter and smart content is the goal. You will lead and inspire a talented team of journalists creating unique and unforgettable stories.
• Establish and execute editorial vision for All Things Considered.
• Coach and provide guidance on content and format. Inspire staff to produce consistently compelling, engaging and creative programming.
• Ensure that all material aired meets NPR standards and practices, including standards of fairness, completeness, independence and impartiality.
• Oversee staff schedules, performance management, diversity goals, and budget.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience.
• Minimum of 15 years’ national journalism experience, in roles of increasing responsibility, including 5-7 years’ experience as a senior manager.
• Demonstrable news judgement – specifically, the ability to identify significant stories quickly, gather stakeholders, define strands of coverage across successive news cycles, and help lead an evolving process.
• Demonstrated ability to focus collaborative efforts on the achievement of agreed outcomes within finite timeframes and budgets.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities in a high stress environment.
• Flexibility, creativity and eager to embrace change.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Experience in working in cross-platform media
• Quality Decision Making
• Managing Complexity
• Balance Stakeholders
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.