Events and Conferencing Coordinator
Full Time Job
Provides administrative support and coordination related to events planning, conference room scheduling, front desk reception, facilities services, food/catering services, as well as communications to NPR employees and guests via a variety of media.
• Coordinates scheduling, set-ups, catering, IT/AV and any related services for all conference and event space in Washington DC and provides information and support for similar operations at NPRs satellite offices.
• Provides reports related to usage of all meeting and event spaces.
• Ensures the information and direction disseminated to visitors, guests, and employees that enter any NPR facility is consistent and concise.
• Drafts and submits updates to the Facilities Section(s) of the NPR Internal Home Page.
• Provides periodic education and training about all Facilities services via written, oral and electronic means.
• Enters and assigns work requests for various Facilities services, and provides reports to management as required.
• Processes purchase requisitions for materials and services
• As assigned and/or scheduled; receives and/or directs visitor, guests, employees or delivery personnel at NPR headquarters, and provides information, direction and assistance necessary to present a positive impression of NPR and its mission.
• Assists Security and building staff in the event of emergency or building evacuation.
• Assists and supports all Facilities Management team members as required or assigned.
College degree or an acceptable combination of course work and experience related to the Primary Responsibilities.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Three to five years of administrative and direct customer service experience required.
• Three to five years of event planning and coordination experience required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to organize work in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Internet research tools.
• Proficiency in facilities/event scheduling software systems required.
• Hands-on experience using automated procurement and accounting software systems.
• This position has direct contact with existing clientele and the general public Therefore, incumbent must dress in business attire and appear well groomed at all times.
• Ability to assist in moves and changes to conference center furniture set-ups as needed..
• This position requires occasional shift work and off-hours project coordination.
• Knowledge of NPR and its programming.
• Experience in catering and food service operations.
• Knowledge of web design
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.