Director, Station Digital Solutions
Full Time Job
The Director works across divisions to build, scale, and support the NPR-Member Station digital network, with the overall goal of reaching and serving wider and more engaged audiences. The Director leads the team in NPR’s Member Partnership group responsible for technical product support and integration, training, and engagement. Under the Director’s leadership, the team also develops best practices, solutions, and strategies with Member stations of all digital capacities. The Director works in close alignment with the Member Partnership group’s business partnership and communications teams, and the Digital division’s product and operations teams.
• Establish and maintain a thorough technical and operational knowledge of the NPR digital network’s product lines and services.
• Build and lead a technical support team designed to ensure Member stations’ effective participation in NPR’s digital network, in a fast-paced news environment. This includes establishing processes for providing robust support for NPR’s suite of digital products and services primarily via a help desk ticketing system, phone and in-person meetings, social media, training support, and an online documentation repository.
• Work in close alignment with peers in the Product team at NPR Digital to ensure that ongoing and evolving Member station needs are represented effectively in the strategic development and integration process. Partner with colleagues on planning and management of station participation in advisory groups as well as pilots, alphas, betas prior to general product releases.
• Work in close alignment with colleagues within the Member Partnership group to drive strategic consideration and adoption of the tools, services and opportunities presented by the NPR digital network.
• Establish and maintain a solutions-oriented and responsive support culture for all interactions with NPR Members and NPR colleagues. This includes developing and maintaining product support materials, and leading effective on- and off-boarding and product transition processes.
• Work in close alignment with colleagues in the Member Partnership division to ensure timely and effective communication about all aspects of the NPR digital network, including products, tools, services, strategic innovation and training opportunities.
• Maintain station support data and presents it as needed in the form of dashboards, reports, presentations and meetings.
• Partner strategically and tactically with colleagues from other teams across NPR as needed, including but not limited to NPR News and the digital teams operating within the NPR News division.
• Keep current on industry trends via conference attendance, trade publications, social media and direct contact with colleagues and other broadcast professionals.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
7 to 10 years of online or software experience with 5 years customer support and audience engagement experience preferably in digital products and strategies.
The Director, Station Support will be a proven leader who brings the following skills and characteristics to the position:
• 5 years’ experience leading, managing and motivating teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple projects; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Excellent project management skills required. Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the Public Broadcasting Industry required.
• Intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge required; advanced knowledge preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of at least three of the following preferred: web production, on demand audio, social media, email service providers, e-commence, case management, Sales Force, Drupal, and/or Wordpress preferred.
• Previous technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience preferred.
• Experience with or knowledge of Salesforce.com and Desk.com.
• Experience with or knowledge of online journalism a plus.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.