Digital Network Manager: Platforms
This was removed by the employer on 2/13/2023 12:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Digital Network Manager: Platforms jobs in Remote-US
Search all Digital Network Manager: Platforms postings
Full Time Job
The Member Partnership team is responsible for fostering the overall business and strategic relationship with NPR's network of 249 local journalism organizations, content creators and radio stations. The team works with all divisions at NPR to develop strategies, operationalize solutions, and communicate best practices for serving the audience and increasing sustainability for public media.
As a team, we are committed to advancing NPR's organization-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion goals, and to supporting the efforts of NPR Members to do the same. We are committed to creating a productive and welcoming workplace. We consistently strive to bring a high level of empathy to our work and to our interactions with all network colleagues, and we actively seek feedback and guidance from each other.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Network Solutions, the Digital Network Manager: Platforms helps ensure the distribution of NPR Member digital content across the NPR Network, powering products and services that serve the public and deliver value to Member stations. The Manager achieves this by developing a deep working knowledge of the full suite of platforms, tools, integrations, and services available to the NPR Network; collaborating with Member station colleagues as they adopt, learn, and use them; representing the needs and goals of the NPR Network in internal resource and workflow planning across divisions at NPR; and participating in tactical and strategic communications about the NPR digital network.
• Learn and understand the products and services that make up NPR's Digital Network.
• Advise partners on best practices to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and our colleagues at NPR Member stations and public broadcasting entities generally, particularly those in digital-forward roles. Connect with them as Network colleagues as well as product users, to learn how they use and derive value from NPR's platforms.
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on the key NPR Network digital platforms, how Members use them, and how we leverage them together to achieve strategic audience service and revenue goals. The core products in the platforms portfolio are the Content Distribution Service (CDS, Story API), NPR One, StationConnect, local/national edition of Consider This, and other essential integrations and services.
• Develop an understanding of the key KPIs of the Platform products and how they contribute to the KPIs for the Network overall.
• Work with key stakeholders in managing, streamlining, and sustaining a healthy station data organizational model that forms the foundation of the NPR Network strategic initiatives.
• Work with the Network Response and Product Support teams to share knowledge and help strengthen Tier 1 support for Members.
• Collaborate with NPR colleagues in Product to represent station users in feature planning (''road map''), contribute to prioritization discussions, and collaborate around feature releases.
• Represent and advocate for Member station needs and goals within stakeholder meetings and product roadmap reviews.
• Coordinate and participate, on a rotating basis, in after-hours escalation of emergency support to vendors or product owners.
• Assist with key product communications and outage alerts sent via Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Build and send email alerts, and assist in on-going list maintenance. Work with communications/marketing/engagement staff on messaging of product features, usage, and best practices.
• Provide coaching and 1:1 support to station users to supplement the formal training sessions and services we offer. Contribute to the Studio Knowledge Base of documentation by updating or writing Help Articles, guides, and FAQs.
• Manage the setup and rollout for new products. Track progress, help clients configure services, and answer questions.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
• Five or more years working in any of a variety of roles with digital products or SaaS.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is the desire to help others.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple projects; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Excellent project management skills. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Outstanding collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and gain the respect and support of internal and external partners.
• Commitment to a high level of customer service responsiveness and excellence.
• Ability to thrive in a complex environment that requires creativity, improvisation, flexibility, change management, and a sense of humor and perspective.
• Our ideal candidate brings a high level of empathy, social skills, and cultural competencies to their work and their interpersonal interactions.
o Previous experience with the following is a major plus
o Understanding of and appreciation for the Public Broadcasting Industry.
o Technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience.
o Podcasts and RSS
o APIs and Feeds
o CRM, particularly Salesforce
o Support tickets, e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce
o Email, e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud
o CMS, e.g. WordPress or Drupal
o HTML and CSS
The anticipated salary range for this opportunity is $91,000- $100,000. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.