Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for digital analytics and a thirst to apply your knowledge to media? Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people in a mission-driven environment? Then this role is for you. You will extract insights from complex media usage data sets, partner with digital product teams on analyses and experiments, and be a go-to analytics expert for colleagues across NPR. You have a unique blend of thoughtful data-driven curiosity and pragmatism. You know how to make data come to life and be actionable. And you love the idea of using data to make NPR (and the world) a better place.
• Work as a member of NPR digital media team to track, report, and share insights that drive product development.
• Create measurement plans and implement tagging and tracking for NPR digital properties and tools to ensure robust measurement tied to business goals and KPIs around audience reach, engagement, and content consumption.
• Master the data flowing through NPR’s digital platforms and find opportunities for analyses that inform key decisions in content, revenue, and digital product development.
• Conduct analyses and uncover insights on audience usage within and across platforms, such as website, apps, and social media. Make recommendations based on those findings.
• Conduct analyses and uncover insights on the usage of tools NPR builds for stations across the country, such as the content editor, content API, and station analytics dashboards.
• Oversee and improve various internal dashboards for specific products. Plan and create new dashboards and emailed reports to serve future needs.
• Manage automated data tasks using query languages and UI tools.
• Consult with teams on how they can best use analytics data for decision making and train them in using analytics tools in order to drive frequency of use, listening, and donation to NPR member stations.
• Respond to analytics questions and data requests from digital, news, and programming teams.
• Communicate effectively with small teams through formal presentations, informal interactions, and engaging storytelling.
• Develop written communications to address varied styles and information needs.
• Build strong working relationships at all levels with internal clients and build problem-solving partnerships with colleagues.
• Four-year college degree in computer science, information systems, statistics, or related area.
• 2 years of experience in digital analytics and quantitative analysis. Media experience a plus.
• Proven expertise with digital metrics systems such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
• Data analysis skills using Excel.
• Familiarity with academic statistics concepts, tests for significance, regression analysis, and machine learning concepts.
• Good understanding of basic web technology and HTML.
• Experience with Mode, BigQuery, SQL, and statistical computing using R, SAS, SPSS, or S-Plus are a plus.
• Experience in developing data visualization independently or with tools.
• Experience working with digital product teams in an Agile environment.
• Strong analysis and experimental design skills with a keen sense for data gaps and inconsistencies.
• Experience managing data-driven research from project inception to client communication.
• Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills, particularly at explaining complex quantitative information to non-technical audiences.
• Not just a tolerance but a zeal for multitasking. At the same time show a clear sense for priorities and commitment to follow-through.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in collaborative team environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process. If you’re checking out technical or digital roles, here are some additional things you should consider about what you’ll experience at NPR.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keep up with us on Social Media on: Facebook at This Is NPR, Twitter at @NPRjobs, YouTube at NPR Life - as well as #NPRlife for 'behind the scenes' tweets from our colleagues.