Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Data retrieval, processing, troubleshooting, analysis, and communication of findings. Primary focus is to support NPR’s news, content, sponsorship and marketing divisions. Secondary support for other units as needed and time allows.
• Overall, responsible for processing and analyzing data from primary and secondary sources to support NPR’s news, programming marketing, and sponsorship activities.
• Routine reporting of syndicated Nielsen Audio data (monthly, quarterly, and bi-annually), including specifying and running reports in a Windows environment and online using proprietary software and databases such as ACT 1 Systems, PPM Analysis Tool, comScore Media Metrix, MEMRI, and Tapscan, among others.
• Using the syndicated tools above to support the sponsorship sales efforts.
• Supports primary research related to content and marketing initiatives, including assisting in research design, questionnaire development, fielding, analysis, and reporting of qualitative and quantitative research projects.
• Assist in identifying trends and developing key findings.
• Works collaboratively with research staff and client departments to interpret results.
• Develops reports (in PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite, etc.) that convey key results and implications.
• Present research findings, reports and analysis, presentation materials and fact sheets.
• Maintenance of proprietary databases.
• Ensures reports are communicated in key places (NPR Intranet, NPR Member station extranet, etc.).
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the department and NPR’s mission.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree.
• Four-year college degree in statistics, business, information management, or comparable work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated data analysis, data interpretation and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and problem-solver.
• Eager to learn new skills.
• Resourceful with a can-do attitude.
• Interest in and comfort with being part of a “roll up your sleeves” team
• Data analysis skills using Excel, SPSS, or Google Sheets.
• Detail orientation.
• Strong desire to work with databases and numbers.
• Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills, particularly at explaining complex quantitative information to non-technical audiences. Training in data visualization is a plus.
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as in collaborative team environment.
• Knowledge of the public radio, Nielsen, and media research databases is a plus.
• Familiarity with media and market research techniques and methodology a plus.
• Knowledge of a programming language a plus.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.